Fire

This week has been completely exhausting – emotionally and physically. It was supposed to be a nice, relaxing spring break. And then the phone rang at 3:30am Tuesday morning. It’s NEVER a good thing when the phone rings at that hour!! My in-laws house was on fire!! My sister-in-law and her family were there visiting. Everyone, but the dog, got out okay. The dog died of smoke inhalation 😦

FIL suffered some burns on his leg when he tried to rescue his Harley. It didn’t work. The motorcycle is completely ruined as was MIL’s car. The house is a mess. The front of the house and the roof are completely gone. The back rooms are still there, but severely smoke and water damaged. The insurance guy said it was a complete loss, so they will get reimbursed for everything.

I offered to try and wash some of my nephews and niece’s clothes – to try and get the smell out. I have never smelled anything so horrible in my life! It was awful! I was gagging as I was digging the clothes out of the bags. It took four washes with detergent, oxyclean, AND vinegar to get the stink out! And the shoes… I’m not sure they’ll ever be the same.

There’s not much I can do for them with all the kids home on spring break. I wish I could help out more.

And of course… I was ovulating.

Advertisements

1 Comment »

  1. Dee Said:

    Of course your were ovulating. Isnt that always the way?


{ RSS feed for comments on this post} · { TrackBack URI }

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: